Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem when action request doesn't have Content-Length header
02-07-2013, 05:51 AM
RE: Problem when action request doesn't have Content-Length header
(01-07-2013 09:14 PM)simonc Wrote:  I'm going to try writing a dechunker that operates on the buffer already used by the server tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll go with the sort of approach you suggest.

As an aside, was the problem you saw with a CP using a chunked request? An HTTP 1.0 request that closed the connection to signify the request end doesn't make immediate sense - it would be unable to receive any response to its request (the invoked action).

An in-place dechunker would be an improvement, and should be possible.

Unfortunately the ohNet log messages don't give enough information to find out whether the request was chunked. I could find this out by building a diagnostic version of ohNet with extra logging and asking the user to rerun the scenario and send me the log data.

If a control point closes the outbound half of the socket after sending the request, I think it could still receive a response on the inbound half. I don't know whether the SOAP protocol allows this.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem when action request doesn't have Content-Length header - simoncn - 02-07-2013 05:51 AM