Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
JavaScript control point bindings
21-03-2012, 04:49 PM
RE: JavaScript control point bindings
(21-03-2012 03:52 PM)simonc Wrote:  Glad you've got it working!

Believe it or not, this is the expected type of output and probably indicates success. To double check this, have a look at ohnet/xout/ProxyJsTest.xml.

Don't worry about all the ReaderErrors etc. They're a result of this test enabling more detailed logging than any other and show an implementation detail of how the WebSocket server interrupts reads for client requests to send evented updates.

Thanks! I had a look at xout/ProxyJsTest.xml and everything seems fine.

I've looked at the HTML/JavaScript for the test case, and I can more or less follow what it's doing. My next task in the journey of discovery will be to create a web page with a button (or similar) that will contact my DS, invoke GetProtocolInfo, and display the result. If I can make that work, I'll be well on the way! Smile
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2012, 04:53 PM
(21-03-2012 04:49 PM)simoncn Wrote:  I've looked at the HTML/JavaScript for the test case, and I can more or less follow what it's doing. My next task in the journey of discovery will be to create a web page with a button (or similar) that will contact my DS, invoke GetProtocolInfo, and display the result. If I can make that work, I'll be well on the way! Smile

Sounds good. Remember that you'll need to provide an IResourceManager when you create your DvDeviceStandard to have MinimServer serve up its UI. ohnet/OpenHome/Net/Device/Tests/TestDvTestBasic.cpp provides an example of this.
28-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Simoncn,

How are you getting on with your Web UI?

If it helps, I have added a basic example on how to invoke an action and listen for events.

You can find this at https://github.com/openhome/ohNet/tree/m...mple/basic

Cheers

Chris
28-03-2012, 04:11 PM
(28-03-2012 02:03 PM)chrisc Wrote:  Hi Simoncn,

How are you getting on with your Web UI?

Unforunately I've been a bit distracted by other pressing tasks on MinimServer, so I haven't been able to spend time working on this yet. Sad

Quote:If it helps, I have added a basic example on how to invoke an action and listen for events.

You can find this at https://github.com/openhome/ohNet/tree/m...mple/basic

Cheers

Chris

Thanks very much! This looks very useful, as it's well commented and doesn't overwhelm me with lots of complicated JavaScript! I'll pull down a new version of ohNet from Git soon and give this a try.