Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS3 interoperability problem
18-03-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: PS3 interoperability problem
(04-01-2013 03:47 PM)simonc Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 03:22 PM)simoncn Wrote:  Did the change to avoid sending chunked encoding to HTTP 1.0 control points ever get into ohNet? Looking at the latest code in DviServerUPnP, I don't see it there.

I never got round to these changes I'm afraid. I've added this to the backlog; it won't be forgotten but probably won't appear for a few weeks.

I've produced a patch for this (attached). This change is needed to fix various interoperability failures reported by a number of MinimServer users who have HTTP 1.0 control points. The changes are as follows:

1) In the device stack, check for action requests, SUBSCRIBE requests and resource GET requests from HTTP 1.0 control points, and ensure the responses don't use chunked encoding.

2) In the device stack, check for SUBSCRIBE requests from HTTP 1.0 control points, and ensure that NOTIFY requests sent on that subscription don't use chunked encoding. This requires adding a field to SubscriptionDataUpnp to store the HTTP version.

3) In the control point stack, check for NOTIFY requests sent without chunked encoding and without a Content-Length header (legal according to the DLNA Device Architecture specification), and get the notification payload by reading all available data until the device closes the socket. The current code sends an UNSUBSCRIBE / SUBSCRIBE sequence if this happens, which causes an infinite loop of SUBSCRIBE / NOTIFY / UNSUBSCRIBE requests across the network.

Items 1) and 2) are needed for interoperability with HTTP 1.0 control points. I discovered item 3) while testing the changes for item 2) using ohNet as the control point.

I've done a reasonable amount of testing of all these changes, including some real-world testing with HTTP 1.0 control points to verify successful interoperability.

Attached File(s)
.zip  http10.zip (Size: 1.47 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
25-03-2013, 09:47 AM
(18-03-2013 09:28 PM)simoncn Wrote:  I've produced a patch for this (attached). This change is needed to fix various interoperability failures reported by a number of MinimServer users who have HTTP 1.0 control points. The changes are as follows:

Sorry for the slow response - I was on holiday last week.

Thanks for doing this. I've got quite a lot on but will do my best to get this committed this week.
25-03-2013, 09:52 AM
(25-03-2013 09:47 AM)simonc Wrote:  Sorry for the slow response - I was on holiday last week.

I hope you had a good break. Smile

Quote:Thanks for doing this. I've got quite a lot on but will do my best to get this committed this week.

I'd appreciate that very much, as I'm trying to get a new release of MinimServer completed this week. If you notice any problems with the patch, please could you let me know.
27-03-2013, 04:53 PM
(25-03-2013 09:47 AM)simonc Wrote:  
(18-03-2013 09:28 PM)simoncn Wrote:  I've produced a patch for this (attached). This change is needed to fix various interoperability failures reported by a number of MinimServer users who have HTTP 1.0 control points. The changes are as follows:

Sorry for the slow response - I was on holiday last week.

Thanks for doing this. I've got quite a lot on but will do my best to get this committed this week.

Now committed so will hopefully be available to you this evening.

I used your patch exactly as-is. You'd taken a slightly different approach to what I'd been thinking about but on reflection your approach was better Smile
28-03-2013, 10:31 AM
(27-03-2013 04:53 PM)simonc Wrote:  Now committed so will hopefully be available to you this evening.

I used your patch exactly as-is. You'd taken a slightly different approach to what I'd been thinking about but on reflection your approach was better Smile

Thanks very much! I've pulled down the tag, and all is working well so far. Smile