Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building ohNet for Android
30-07-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: Building ohNet for Android
oh sorry i've missed that.
Now the build seems to be successful. Thank you very much.
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
(23-07-2013 08:44 PM)ACDN Wrote:  It would be great if it were possible to grab some binaries built for Android. Any chance of this?

Android binaries are now published along with the usual set of other builds. Look for the *-Android-anycpu-* packages. Note that these contain native binaries for both ARM and x86.
13-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Nice! Way to go!
11-11-2013, 09:22 AM
(12-08-2013 10:53 AM)simonc Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 08:44 PM)ACDN Wrote:  It would be great if it were possible to grab some binaries built for Android. Any chance of this?

Android binaries are now published along with the usual set of other builds. Look for the *-Android-anycpu-* packages. Note that these contain native binaries for both ARM and x86.

Does it support mips?
11-11-2013, 09:29 AM
(11-11-2013 09:22 AM)chiakie Wrote:  Does it support mips?

There are no binaries for mips available. I have no reason to suspect it wouldn't build/work for mips if you want to have a go however.

If you're building using a reasonably modern version of gcc, just set the CROSS_COMPILE environment variable then build using make.

If you need to use a different compiler, you'd need to either edit support for it into Makefile or add a new file that sets the various flags expected by Common.mak and friends. If you want to try writing a new makefile, the Windows one - OhNet.mak - gives a clearer example of what needs to be done.
03-02-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 01:40 PM by janamsdn.)
can you let me know how to use in Android 4.2.2

Can please help me where i can get ohnet lib/jar file p
03-02-2014, 02:07 PM
(03-02-2014 01:34 PM)janamsdn Wrote:  can you let me know how to use in Android 4.2.2
I'm not aware of any problems that are unique to v4.2.2. Can you provide more detail please?

What have you tried? What happened when you tried this? What did you expect?

(03-02-2014 01:34 PM)janamsdn Wrote:  Can please help me where i can get ohnet lib/jar file p
See my answer to your previous post.
03-02-2014, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 02:46 PM by janamsdn.)
Apologies for my last post ..
Thank you very much quick response

I am planing to do - Asynchronously discover near by devices through android app ( // Search asynchronously for all devices)
yes i downloaded built binaries from http://www.openhome.org/releases/artifacts/ohNet/ohNet-[version]-Android-anycpu-[variant].tar.gz.
but here m getting confusion is which files i need to import ??Could you please help me

Thank you very much

can you please hep me which method suitable to Search asynchronously for all devices
04-02-2014, 11:00 AM
(03-02-2014 02:31 PM)janamsdn Wrote:  Apologies for my last post ..
Thank you very much quick response

I am planing to do - Asynchronously discover near by devices through android app ( // Search asynchronously for all devices)
yes i downloaded built binaries from http://www.openhome.org/releases/artifacts/ohNet/ohNet-[version]-Android-anycpu-[variant].tar.gz.
but here m getting confusion is which files i need to import ??Could you please help me

Thank you very much

can you please hep me which method suitable to Search asynchronously for all devices

Hi need help..i tried following code

InitParams initParams = new InitParams();
// set values
initParams.setMsearchTimeSecs(1);// MsearchTimeSecs = 1,
initParams.setUseLoopbackNetworkAdapter(); //UseLoopbackNetworkAdapter = true,
initParams.setDvServerPort(0);//DvUpnpWebServerPort = 0

initParams.getMsearchTimeSecs();
initParams.getDvServerPort();

Library lib = new Library();
lib.initialise(initParams);
SubnetList subnetList = new SubnetList();
NetworkAdapter nif = subnetList.getSubnet(0);
Inet4Address subnet = nif.getSubnet();
subnetList.destroy();
lib.startCp(subnet);
new TestProxy(initParams.getMsearchTimeSecs());
lib.close();

getting following exception ..
02-03 21:20:15.592: E/AndroidRuntime(19825): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
02-03 21:20:15.592: E/AndroidRuntime(19825): Caused by: org.openhome.net.core.LibraryException
02-03 21:20:15.592: E/AndroidRuntime(19825): at org.openhome.net.core.Library.initialise(Library.java:41)
04-02-2014, 04:01 PM
(04-02-2014 11:00 AM)janamsdn Wrote:  Hi need help..i tried following code

InitParams initParams = new InitParams();
// set values
initParams.setMsearchTimeSecs(1);// MsearchTimeSecs = 1,
initParams.setUseLoopbackNetworkAdapter(); //UseLoopbackNetworkAdapter = true,
initParams.setDvServerPort(0);//DvUpnpWebServerPort = 0

initParams.getMsearchTimeSecs();
initParams.getDvServerPort();

Library lib = new Library();
lib.initialise(initParams);
SubnetList subnetList = new SubnetList();
NetworkAdapter nif = subnetList.getSubnet(0);
Inet4Address subnet = nif.getSubnet();
subnetList.destroy();
lib.startCp(subnet);
new TestProxy(initParams.getMsearchTimeSecs());
lib.close();

getting following exception ..
02-03 21:20:15.592: E/AndroidRuntime(19825): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
02-03 21:20:15.592: E/AndroidRuntime(19825): Caused by: org.openhome.net.core.LibraryException
02-03 21:20:15.592: E/AndroidRuntime(19825): at org.openhome.net.core.Library.initialise(Library.java:41)

This is an issue we've encountered before and it appears to be related to Android permissions.

The bindings were initially designed for use in a Java VM, rather than the Dalvik VM. As a result, problems with Android permissions currently don't bubble up through the exception handling and they instead manifest themselves as nondescript errors, until they are tracked down and the appropriate permissions enabled.

Adding the following permissions to your AndroidManifest.xml should get you past the library initialisation problem:

Code:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE" />