Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invocation Error on OhNetGen built ContentDirectory Proxy
11-02-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 07:18 PM by ChriD.)
Invocation Error on OhNetGen built ContentDirectory Proxy
Hi again,

I used ohNetGen to generate a proxy for a ContentDirectory Service with some more methods as the standard upnp ContentDirectory for c#

But if i use this generated proxy instead of the standard one, then i get some invokation error using the async "Search" and "Browse" methods.
(EndSearch/Browse Method, There seems to be no data for the pointer)
In fact the Browse and Search methods should be the same as the one in the standard.
The Error Code says Code 1: unkonwn

i attached the proxy file i created, and the service xml of the contentdirectory.

What am i doeing wrong? Is there a problem in the service xml?

UPDATE: I tried to use the standard service xml (which comes with the ohNet) for proxy creation. Same Problem there..

best regards

Attached File(s)
.zip  ContentDirectory.zip (Size: 8.71 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: Invocation Error on OhNetGen built ContentDirectory Proxy
These exceptions are probably indicating that the device failed to execute the actions.

ohNet proxies expose the full possible API for a service. This includes optional actions which some devices may not implement. The Search API is optional. Are you sure your target media server implements it?

I believe the Browse API is mandatory for media servers. It does however take some complicated filter arguments; some servers may reject some filters. It'd be worth checking that your target media server implements the browse filters you want.

The easiest way to check both of these issues will be to use Intel Device Spy find your server and invoke the actions on it, using the same arguments you tried with ohNet. If the invocations fail through Device Spy, it's likely an issue with the media server and/or the Browse arguments. If the invocations succeed through Device Spy, it sounds like an ohNet bug; can you give me a test to demonstrate the problem in this case please?
12-02-2013, 02:18 PM
(12-02-2013 10:59 AM)simonc Wrote:  ohNet proxies expose the full possible API for a service. This includes optional actions which some devices may not implement. The Search API is optional. Are you sure your target media server implements it?

Im sure the service implements it.
Because Browse and Search works if i use the standard .NET ContentDirectory1 Proxy DLL which is included with ohNet. So my App worked pretty fine. Browse and Search worked without any problems.

But if i create the proxy for c# code with ohNetGen
(no matter if i use the Standard ContentDirectory1.XML or the XML
provided in the attachment in the first post), it gives me the error on execution.

eg.:
....proxies.ContentDirectory1.Browse() -> it works (standard c# ohNetUpnpContentDirectory1 DLL)
....proxies.ContentDirectoryCreatedWithOhnet.Browse() -> it fails (c# proxie created by ohNet)

(12-02-2013 10:59 AM)simonc Wrote:  can you give me a test to demonstrate the problem in this case please?

In my first post there is a ZIP file attached which includes the ContentDirectory xml and the c# proxy code ohNetGen generated.
12-02-2013, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 10:52 PM by simonc.)
You've re-generated your proxy to say that the ContentDirectory service was defined by raumfeld.org. All standard Media Server devices will implement content directory but with the domain set as upnp.org.

You can only use your proxy to communicate with a (non-standard) server which also places ContentDirectory in the raumfeld.org domain. Such a server will almost certainly only be usable by similarly non-standard control points or media renderers.

If you're not trying to write such a semi-closed system, can you try re-generating the proxy using "upnp.org" as the domain?
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Okay now it works.. Thanks!