Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Expected behaviour in standby
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Expected behaviour in standby
Hi All,

I couldn’t find any documentation about the expected behavior in the following scenarios:

A) Device/Product goes to standby due to an action from ControlPoint A. I assume it should stop the current Source. Shall it hide all of its Sources (make them invisible) ? What if ControlPoint B sends a Play command before it sees the standby status change? Shall the Device silently ignore it or send an error response?

B) Product switches to another Source. What actions should be supported on the inactive Source? What is the expected response if it receives a Play command?

Thx,
Peter
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Expected behaviour in standby
Answers to your questions below. For future reference, the ohMedia forum would be a better place to post questions about ohMedia services. The ohNet forum is only intended for questions about the ohNet UPnP stack.

(01-07-2013 11:35 AM)lpeter Wrote:  A) Device/Product goes to standby due to an action from ControlPoint A. I assume it should stop the current Source. Shall it hide all of its Sources (make them invisible) ?

Going into standby should stop the current source.

All actions should remain available in standby. Many will leave the device in standby; a few may move it out of standby. There is no need to make the sources invisible.

(01-07-2013 11:35 AM)lpeter Wrote:  What if ControlPoint B sends a Play command before it sees the standby status change? Shall the Device silently ignore it or send an error response?

There is no way for the device to detect that cpB was unaware of its standby state change. The only robust behaviour is for the device to come out of standby in response to the Play command.

(01-07-2013 11:35 AM)lpeter Wrote:  B) Product switches to another Source. What actions should be supported on the inactive Source? What is the expected response if it receives a Play command?

See docs for each service for details on behaviours when inactive. In general, calling Play should make a device come out of standby, switch to that source and start playing (assuming it previously had a uri set to play from).
01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Expected behaviour in standby
(01-07-2013 03:10 PM)simonc Wrote:  Answers to your questions below. For future reference, the ohMedia forum would be a better place to post questions about ohMedia services. The ohNet forum is only intended for questions about the ohNet UPnP stack.

Yes, after I posted it I realized it is may be the wrong forum. But it was too late.

BTW Thank you for your help.