Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Renderer Proxy
11-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Renderer Proxy
I am new to OpenHome. Though I feel like I've made some progress in getting access to this really amazing open source project. Currently using C# as that is what I most comfortable in, however my goal is build a Andriod Control Point app for for my RCX1500 receiver. Why? Well the receiver is only half baked.. lol.. in that I cannot find an existing control point out there that interacts with it without locking it up.

I've been able to receive a list of devices from my network! Next step is to try and interact with them.

My question has to do with the Renderer Proxy. Part of learning I am starting simple. I would like to invoke BeginGetVolume. However I do not understand what I need to pass for InstanceId and Channel?

Thanks!

ACDN
Find all posts by this user
12-07-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Renderer Proxy
Ok, so after a little googling I found some useful information here: http://upnp.org/specs/av/UPnP-av-Renderi...ervice.pdf

Will post more once I get a chance to try it out. Looks a value of 0 for InstanceID and Master for Channel.
23-07-2013, 07:35 PM
To wrap up this thread, I have not been able to control the volume on my receiver. However, I've been able to control the playback of music so that is a huge plus. Fantastic open source library.
07-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi
How did you set the AVtransport and invoke play?

I have just started reading the documentation, and I'm trying to Play Video from my server to a Renderer.
Presently I am using the TestProxy.cs sample.