Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DLNA MEDIA COntroller
07-10-2013, 03:07 AM
DLNA MEDIA COntroller
I am using Intels tools and sample codes to Write a DLNA controller. Its works well but has few bugs and cannot playback my Primary target device
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/05/31/3...r-android/

The iPush device is becoming popular to play Back almost all video file formats on a normal TV through HDMI(works perfectly well with iphone controllers like 8Player, MediaConnect, Skifta etc). Since Intel tools fail to work with it, I am now turning over to OpenHome. I spent a lot of time on Intels tools and now my deadline is like 2 weeks from now.

I will highly appreciate if anyone can help me, I need to embed it in my Windows C# DLNA Server application. All I need is (play, stop, pause, volume).

I will start reading the documentation but if I can get sample code that will be great. I am also looking for someone to do it for me whilst I concentrate on my server. (I can compensate well for your time)
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: DLNA MEDIA COntroller
Descriptions of the services you'll need to use are available from the UPnP forum. See standardizeddcps\MediaServer_1 and MediaRenderer_1\UPnP-av-MediaRenderer-v1-Device-20020625.pdf for details.

Note that this tells you how to use a UPnP device. This isn't quite the same as DLNA support which would require you to read hundreds of pages of additional specs and undertake compliance testing. If you're tight for time, I suggest you concentrate on UPnP and ignore DLNA compliance. This sum total impact of this will probably be that you need to describe your product as a UPnP Media Controller. A well written controller will work perfectly well without use of DLNA specs.
08-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the documentation and advice. Its really helpful
16-10-2013, 04:58 AM
I have successfully linked my DLNA server to my OHNet Control point. Its working great so far and I can control Rendering devices.
There is one more thing I want to implement, Is it possible for an OHnet Control point to get an event from a rendering device signalling that the current playing media has ended?

I have an equalizer Gif Image showing that the Renderer is playing the Media, but when the media ends, I want to hide the Gif image. I know a less efficient way is to query the Renderer for Transport info at every certain time interval.
16-10-2013, 08:37 AM
(16-10-2013 04:58 AM)Basco Wrote:  I have successfully linked my DLNA server to my OHNet Control point. Its working great so far and I can control Rendering devices.
There is one more thing I want to implement, Is it possible for an OHnet Control point to get an event from a rendering device signalling that the current playing media has ended?

You could try using the LastChange evented state variable.

Call SetPropertyLastChangeChanged then Subscribe on your proxy. The delegate you specified will be called each time the LastChange state variable changes. Calling PropertyLastChange will get you xml describing the state of the device. This should include all the info you'd get by polling its state.