Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ohLibSpotify and Xamarin
25-02-2014, 02:25 AM
ohLibSpotify and Xamarin
How difficult of a task am I looking at to build an app that uses ohLibSpotify to authenticate, search, make playlists, ect.. for a Xamarin app?

Look to build on iOS and Android platforms. Possibly W8 phone sometime soon after.

A rough estimation is all I'm really looking for right now. Trying to get a feel for my best plan of attack.

Thanks,
nomabond
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: ohLibSpotify and Xamarin
I'd say it will be a bit rough, but probably still easier than any alternative I'm aware of.

In principle, there's no reason this shouldn't work for iOS and Android. The code has been written with this in mind, and it certainly works on Mono in Linux, but I don't think anybody has actually tried using it on iOS or Android. I would expect you'll encounter some surprises along the way and you might need to fix the odd thing in ohLibSpotify, but you shouldn't face anything that requires you to go digging around in the depths of the code generator - any fix will be to tweak the configuration and project files or to add some manually written code.

I think you're out of luck for Windows 8 phone. I don't think there's a build of libspotify for that platform, and even if there was, I don't *think* you can use P/Invoke on that platform to call native code from managed code. (Or at least, even if you can find a technical means to do so you're still not allowed to put such an app in the store.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user