Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compiling ohSongcast
29-05-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Compiling ohSongcast
... I need to run TestSongcast.elf to guarantee they will appear as an option in Kinsky
Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 03:18 PM
(29-05-2014 10:44 AM)paulw Wrote:  BTW it took a long time for the Linux-x86 to show up as a songcast source - any hints as to why this may be?

Do you mean that your build of WavSender didn't immediately appear in a list of songcast senders? If so, I'd guess that this indicates network problems.

If your control point's list of senders was active when WavSender was started, it sound like the cp missed the multicast ALIVE notification that WavSender sent on startup. These notifications are sent periodically; if WavSender appeared as a sender later, it'd likely be because another ALIVE was received by the control point. If WavSender was running when the cp started, I'd guess that the MSEARCH from the cp didn't reach WavSender. As with the earlier case, the later appearance in the cp would be due to a periodic ALIVE notification from WavSender.

What control point are you running? If it is on a different host to WavSender, does that device have a wired or wireless connection?
30-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Kinsky on Android via wireless
30-05-2014, 09:18 AM
(30-05-2014 09:11 AM)paulw Wrote:  Kinsky on Android via wireless

We're aware of some discovery issues here. The frequency/severity of them varies greatly depending on your Android device and network. I'd assume that WavSender is working correctly but Kinsky may sometimes need a nudge to discover it.

If this happens again, can you try using the Refresh button in the rooms list please?
30-05-2014, 01:40 PM
I figured out why I was getting no sound (and most probably why kinsky crashes). I was using, as uid, the udn from e.g TestTopoilogy1 which I thought would designate the receiver. I now know better.