Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to control a renderer via Ohnet
25-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Trying to control a renderer via Ohnet
Hello,
I am working on an application, wherein I have to control a smartphone app via a windows app. I am trying to use ohnet and the programs are not executing at all.

I am giving you a sample code below, which you may check and reply me if there are any issues.

Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<OpenHome/Types.h>
#include<OpenHome/Net/ControlPoint/CpDevice.h>
#include<OpenHome/Net/ControlPoint/FunctorCpDevice.h>
#include<OpenHome/net/ControlPoint/CpDeviceUpnp.h>
#include<OpenHome\Net\Device\DvDevice.h>
int main()
{
printf("Hello World!!!");
getch();
}

Your replies will be much appreciated and I hope I will get a reply and will complete this app.

Regards,
mrwilliam2006
Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Trying to control a renderer via Ohnet
I'm not sure whether this is a genuine question. Just in case it is, output in C is likely to be line buffered so you'll need to either call fflush(stdout) or add a \n at the end of your printf() statement to see it in your console.

After this, you'll have to read some of the ohNet docs and start calling ohNet code.
25-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Hello Simon,
Thank you very much for your timely reply. I appreciate your taking time to reply to our basic question. I am a newbie and I am not sure what you mean by not a genuine question?

Apart from this, I could print the "Hello World" in the console if I take out the codes from

#include<OpenHome/Types.h>
#include<OpenHome/Net/ControlPoint/CpDevice.h>
#include<OpenHome/Net/ControlPoint/FunctorCpDevice.h>
#include<OpenHome/net/ControlPoint/CpDeviceUpnp.h>
#include<OpenHome\Net\Device\DvDevice.h>

the above code I pasted here.

Does this mean the OpenHome library is not read from my folder? Or can you please let me know what might be the problem?

I will really appreciate your reply and will look forward to it.

Regards,
mrwilliam2006
25-11-2014, 05:03 PM
You need to choose where to install ohNet to. You'll then have to setup builds of your project to set appropriate include paths (likely -I directives to your compiler flags). This'll allow you to get ohNet client code to compile; you'll then have to add a reference to an ohNet library to get your code to link.

The problems here are not specific to ohNet. Its really just about building a C++ Windows application which uses other libraries. I don't know of any good resources that cover this but would imagine that MSDN should have some good material.
28-11-2014, 04:01 AM
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the reply. I will check and will come back if there are any more questions.

William