Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Images Playlists
31-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Images Playlists
I'm planning on using ohNet to bring image scrollers to Tvs.

The Playlist feature is what I seek, but after investigation, it does support this for now.

It seems to happend in ohNetGen but I'm confused between all these libraries.

What would it take to implement this.
If someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Images Playlists
ohNet is a UPnP stack. It sits at the base of a UPnP application, implementing the network communications required for any service. It does not implement any services itself.

ohNet includes a tool - OhNetGen - which can be used to generate helper classes, encapsulating all network comms, for any UPnP service. A separate repo - ohNetGenerated contains pre-generated copies of these classes for some common UPnP services.

If you are writing code for a UPnP device, you'll need to provide an implementation of one or more services. You do this by deriving from the class generated by OhNetGen or copied from ohNetGenerated. e.g. DvAvOpenhomeOrgPlaylist1 for Playlist. If you are writing a UPnP control point, you'll need to use a class starting Cp - e.g. CpAvOpenhomeOrgPlaylist1 for Playlist. You'll also need to have access to devices with existing implementations of your target service(s).

I don't understand what you mean by "image scroller" but note that the Playlist service may not help you. It is not implemented by any TVs that I know of so you'd need to be able to both provide new firmware to your target devices and write new controllers to manage a playlist of images. Even then, Playlist is intended for audio content so some of its actions (e.g. Seek) won't make sense for image content.
03-09-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 03:15 PM by arochervj.)
RE: Images Playlists
Thanks @simonc for this complete explaination.
I was guessing this, but now I'm can be certain.

For the Image Playlist, I can add pictures to a playlist but the seek function was the issue (I think).
So, I started from java imgrant/MediaPlayer
and I'm trying to adapt this for Android.

I'm thinking about implementing a fake timeline for pictures, and this way, making them seekable.