Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raspbian Jessie
12-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Raspbian Jessie
The requirements list mentions Raspbian wheezy but not Raspbian jessie. Does ohPlayer work on jessie? If not, what is the issue and what would it take to fix it?
Find all posts by this user
13-01-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Raspbian Jessie
(12-01-2016 04:51 PM)simoncn Wrote:  The requirements list mentions Raspbian wheezy but not Raspbian jessie. Does ohPlayer work on jessie? If not, what is the issue and what would it take to fix it?

The player development to date has been wheezy-based but there's no specific tie-in to wheezy. There were a couple of dependency conflicts the last time I looked at this on jessie, but that shouldn't be a major problem to sort. It's on the list..
28-02-2016, 12:05 AM
(13-01-2016 01:15 PM)pedro Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 04:51 PM)simoncn Wrote:  The requirements list mentions Raspbian wheezy but not Raspbian jessie. Does ohPlayer work on jessie? If not, what is the issue and what would it take to fix it?

The player development to date has been wheezy-based but there's no specific tie-in to wheezy. There were a couple of dependency conflicts the last time I looked at this on jessie, but that shouldn't be a major problem to sort. It's on the list..

+1 from me. I'm currently using PeteManchester's MediaPlayer on both my Pi's and would like to try out the multiroom functionality in ohPlayer. I've tried installing the binary package and it fails with unmet dependencies on Raspbian Jessie. Attempting to compile from source on Jessie also fails - grrr. Raspbian Wheezy is now "unsupported" by the RPF and download links to it have been removed from their website, so it would be good if ohPlayer could be made to work on the current distro.
17-03-2016, 05:48 PM
(28-02-2016 12:05 AM)andrum99@gmail.com Wrote:  +1 from me. I'm currently using PeteManchester's MediaPlayer on both my Pi's and would like to try out the multiroom functionality in ohPlayer. I've tried installing the binary package and it fails with unmet dependencies on Raspbian Jessie. Attempting to compile from source on Jessie also fails - grrr. Raspbian Wheezy is now "unsupported" by the RPF and download links to it have been removed from their website, so it would be good if ohPlayer could be made to work on the current distro.

If you try installing a wheezy package on jessie you'd expect to get unmet dependencies as there have been significant changes between the two distributions. As we use libav codecs there are many subsidiary dependencies and package changes beyond our control.

The ohPlayer build has now been updated for Raspbian Jessie, so you should be able to build from the source now. We'll also be making binary releases available soon.
17-03-2016, 10:02 PM
(17-03-2016 05:48 PM)pedro Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 12:05 AM)andrum99@gmail.com Wrote:  +1 from me. I'm currently using PeteManchester's MediaPlayer on both my Pi's and would like to try out the multiroom functionality in ohPlayer. I've tried installing the binary package and it fails with unmet dependencies on Raspbian Jessie. Attempting to compile from source on Jessie also fails - grrr. Raspbian Wheezy is now "unsupported" by the RPF and download links to it have been removed from their website, so it would be good if ohPlayer could be made to work on the current distro.

If you try installing a wheezy package on jessie you'd expect to get unmet dependencies as there have been significant changes between the two distributions. As we use libav codecs there are many subsidiary dependencies and package changes beyond our control.

The ohPlayer build has now been updated for Raspbian Jessie, so you should be able to build from the source now. We'll also be making binary releases available soon.

Cool thanks! I will fire up my compiler :-)
31-05-2016, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2016 11:02 AM by DaveWr.)
(17-03-2016 05:48 PM)pedro Wrote:  

Any update on your soon comment?

Dave
05-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Is there any news on Raspbian Jessie, source build scripts, binaries, headless versions.

Please give us some news
28-06-2016, 09:33 AM
(05-06-2016 09:19 AM)DaveWr Wrote:  Is there any news on Raspbian Jessie, source build scripts, binaries, headless versions.

Please give us some news

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the lag in replying - looks like we didn't get a notification about this post. As mentioned in the post you commented on, the source is available for builds on Jessie. Headless support is also available.

You can track the changes and updates to the player at:
https://github.com/openhome/ohPlayer

Check out the README file for details on build instructions, parameters for headless support etc.

Regarding the Raspbian Jessie binary, we'll get that updated too.

Thanks,
Pete
28-06-2016, 04:39 PM
(28-06-2016 09:33 AM)pedro Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 09:19 AM)DaveWr Wrote:  Is there any news on Raspbian Jessie, source build scripts, binaries, headless versions.

Please give us some news

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the lag in replying - looks like we didn't get a notification about this post. As mentioned in the post you commented on, the source is available for builds on Jessie. Headless support is also available.

You can track the changes and updates to the player at:
https://github.com/openhome/ohPlayer

Check out the README file for details on build instructions, parameters for headless support etc.

Regarding the Raspbian Jessie binary, we'll get that updated too.

Thanks,
Pete

Even more thanks, I thought all of you had vanished and thr project work was over. Sorry about that.

Dave