Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ohPlayer versions and release notes
30-06-2016, 01:47 PM
ohPlayer versions and release notes
Sorry if I've been looking in the wrong place, but are there release notes for ohPlayer releases? And can I assume that if the system tray icon menu (Windows version) has the 'update' option greyed out, that no update is available?

Also, to save starting another thread, when will the Windows version of ohPlayer support radio streams, particularly from TuneIn?

David
Find all posts by this user
30-06-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: ohPlayer versions and release notes
Hi David,

We're effectively at v1 for all the players just now so there hasn't been a published change history, other than the commit logs on github (https://github.com/openhome/ohPlayer/commits/master). Our intention with these sample players is to provide a 'current' version through the OpenHome website, showing the current functionality, and developers can view more detailed changes through the source repository.

We'll add brief changelogs to the website (a link to the the OpenHome player wiki) when we do feature increments to the v1 players.

Regarding your Windows player, the current version is v1.0.3. If you have this version already then the 'update' menu will be greyed out as you say. If not, it should update automatically. If it doesn't seem to be updating please let us know and we'll look into it.

The v1.0.3 Windows player on the website has support for TuneIn & net radio - I've just verified this locally using Kazoo; could you check which version of player you currently have and let me know please?

Pete
30-06-2016, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2016 07:08 PM by DavidHB.)
RE: ohPlayer versions and release notes
(30-06-2016 02:41 PM)pedro Wrote:  Our intention with these sample players is to provide a 'current' version through the OpenHome website, showing the current functionality, and developers can view more detailed changes through the source repository ... We'll add brief changelogs to the website (a link to the the OpenHome player wiki) when we do feature increments to the v1 players.

Thank you. This makes sense to me, and is helpful.

(30-06-2016 02:41 PM)pedro Wrote:  Regarding your Windows player, the current version is v1.0.3. If you have this version already then the 'update' menu will be greyed out as you say. If not, it should update automatically. If it doesn't seem to be updating please let us know and we'll look into it.

I have 1.0.3 (reinstalled this afternoon to be sure). All is good in this regard, I think.

(30-06-2016 02:41 PM)pedro Wrote:  The v1.0.3 Windows player on the website has support for TuneIn & net radio - I've just verified this locally using Kazoo; could you check which version of player you currently have and let me know please?

I had not previously been able to make radio work with the player. This afternoon's re-installation (and the removal of a spurious second instance of the player which either arose from or survived that process) has removed whatever problem there was, and radio is now working as you say, with a variety of control points. However, there have been a couple of minor issues on the way:
  • The latest installation set Songcast as enabled, so I was initially a bit bewildered as to why ohPlayer took over my bedroom installation; it was therefore a relief to find that Konfig offers a pretty full set of settings for ohPlayer - nice;
  • Some stations (e.g. Classic FM) are very slow (over a minute) to start;
  • I've had a few short dropouts, particularly as stations start up.
It's also perhaps worth noting that the new beta of Kazoo for Windows does not recognise ohPlayer; I have reported this on the Linn Development forum.

David