Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OH Player, Windows & MP3
01-07-2016, 06:25 AM
OH Player, Windows & MP3
Hi,
I have just discovered, that Windows version of OHPlayer doesn't accept MP3 format version 1.0.3). Due to that most of radio stations doesn't work. The only exception in my TuneIn preset is D-Dur classic, but it broadcasts FLAC stream. Is there a way without a manual rebuilding the code to change this (i.e. to make possible to listen to MP3 stream) ?
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2016, 07:58 AM
RE: OH Player, Windows & MP3
Hi, could you give us an example of a station which isn't working for you please? I've just tried various stations and they all seem to play ok on the v1.0.3 player, so it would be good to work from a station you are having problems with.
01-07-2016, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 08:53 AM by freshman.)
(01-07-2016 07:58 AM)pedro Wrote:  Hi, could you give us an example of a station which isn't working for you please? I've just tried various stations and they all seem to play ok on the v1.0.3 player, so it would be good to work from a station you are having problems with.

Sure,
In fact - most of the stations don't work. For example: all Linn stations.
The strange thing is that OHP for RPI, downloaded in the same day (since then, I assume, that it is exactly the same version) works good. The problem (in my case) appears only on Windows version. And BTW - I am using Win 8.1.

And - BTW - I have just downloaded sources from git repo, and found in OptionalFeatures.h that #define ENABLE_MP3 is commented (as well, as #DEFINE ENABLE_AAC) ... but, although I have full set of compilers for raspbian and linux, I have not got MS Studio ... This is why I am asking about possibility to enable MP3 without rebuilding from sources...
01-07-2016, 10:09 AM
(01-07-2016 08:44 AM)freshman Wrote:  Sure,
In fact - most of the stations don't work. For example: all Linn stations.
The strange thing is that OHP for RPI, downloaded in the same day (since then, I assume, that it is exactly the same version) works good. The problem (in my case) appears only on Windows version. And BTW - I am using Win 8.1.

Hi

The Linn Radio stations play correctly for me using version 1.0.3 of the Windows
player on Windows 8.1.

Radio support is only available in the latest, v1.0.3, Windows build.
To verify the version being used check the "About" option from the application menu in the system tray.

While we endeavour to have a consistent feature set across all platforms features will become available earlier on some platforms. So release data doesn't guarantee identical feature sets.
01-07-2016, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 11:47 AM by freshman.)
Hi,

I confirm: this is 1.0.3 on Windows 8.1.

And BTW - I have just tested if it can play a mp3 track from my media server (still have few such tracks). And - it cannot. Since then I assume, that there's a problem with some codecs in my Windows ... However - Windows plays mp3 without any problems ... Is there a way to track the OHP (any log files, etc ... ) ?
04-07-2016, 11:35 AM
(01-07-2016 11:31 AM)freshman Wrote:  And BTW - I have just tested if it can play a mp3 track from my media server (still have few such tracks). And - it cannot. Since then I assume, that there's a problem with some codecs in my Windows ... However - Windows plays mp3 without any problems ... Is there a way to track the OHP (any log files, etc ... ) ?

Hi,

The Windows Media Foundation codecs are used for MP3/AAC. I would expect these to be available by default.

Without Visual Studio the way to get logging is to capture the stderr stream when the application is run from a cmd prompt.

Something like this should do the trick:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenHomePlayer\OpenHomePlayer.exe" 2> log.txt

To avoid truncation better to exit the application before viewing the log file.