Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ohPlayer and AFScodec crashed OS X
28-07-2016, 10:32 AM
ohPlayer and AFScodec crashed OS X
Hi all.
I'm faced with two problems.
One is, Often appears rainbow cursor on Mac taskbar ohPlayer icon and not be able to end unless reboot Mac.
Two is, When I update from ohPlayer to OpenHomePlayerAFSCodec, it be able to add some tracks to Kazoo'playlist but not play at all. Radio and TuneIn are available. So I stopped AFSCodec and reinstalled to ohPlayer.
Please let me know your trouble shootings.Huh
Find all posts by this user
08-08-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: ohPlayer and AFScodec crashed OS X
Hi,

1. I am aware of an issue whereby the player will hang on exit. under certain circumstances.
The process can be killed without the need to reboot the device.

Is the issue you are seeing related to shutdown. If not can you supply instructions on how to reproduce.

2. The AFSCodec release should only differ from the regular release with respect to MP3/AAC playback.
Can other formats be played successfully ?

The releases are made on an El Capitan (Osx 10.11) machines running XCode 7.3
If this differs from your setup maybe worth building the source from github locally. This would avoid any library version mismatches.
08-08-2016, 10:44 PM
I am also suffering from lockups on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 . This seems to be related to when the Mac goes into sleep mode. I have turned this off in settings and so far it has not locked up - but it is early days.
Anyone else seeing this?

Dave
09-08-2016, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 10:11 AM by INORI.)
(08-08-2016 04:38 PM)alzinho Wrote:  Hi,

1. I am aware of an issue whereby the player will hang on exit. under certain circumstances.
The process can be killed without the need to reboot the device.

Is the issue you are seeing related to shutdown. If not can you supply instructions on how to reproduce.

2. The AFSCodec release should only differ from the regular release with respect to MP3/AAC playback.
Can other formats be played successfully ?

The releases are made on an El Capitan (Osx 10.11) machines running XCode 7.3
If this differs from your setup maybe worth building the source from github locally. This would avoid any library version mismatches.

I appreciate your response.
1. Yes. I recognize the issue occurred at shutdown of the application. Please let me know how to reproduce.

2.Certainly, The AFSCodec are Played MP3/AAC format. However, When I start both Player and Codec, displayed Player's menu in Kazoo and can't not use such as Radio.

Incidentally, I can download only The AFCodec version from your website.

(08-08-2016 10:44 PM)entdgc Wrote:  I am also suffering from lockups on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 . This seems to be related to when the Mac goes into sleep mode. I have turned this off in settings and so far it has not locked up - but it is early days.
Anyone else seeing this?

Dave

Hi Dave.
My OS is El Capitan 10.11.6 and no sleep mode, but occurred.
09-08-2016, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 01:54 PM by alzinho.)
(09-08-2016 10:05 AM)INORI Wrote:  I appreciate your response.
1. Yes. I recognize the issue occurred at shutdown of the application. Please let me know how to reproduce.

2.Certainly, The AFSCodec are Played MP3/AAC format. However, When I start both Player and Codec, displayed Player's menu in Kazoo and can't not use such as Radio.

1. The known issue occurs on application shutdown after audio has been played,
but is not currently playing.

The fix for this will be available in the next release.

2. There should be no functional difference between the AFSCodec and OpenHome
codec releases. To keep things simple only a pre-built AFSCodec release is
available. (The main difference is the licensing restrictions on the OpenHome
MP3/AAC codecs).

I'm not quite clear if the radio Radio issues in relation to a pre-built release or
one built locally.

The pre-built release has optional features/codecs enabled and a set of
test TuneIn/Qobuz/Tidal keys defined.

When building locally these features need to be enabled manually either
as parameters to the MakeRelase.pl script or by manually editing OptionalFeatures.h

For Radio MP3/AAC must be enabled and a TUNEIN partner ID supplied.

Hope this helps.

(08-08-2016 10:44 PM)entdgc Wrote:  I am also suffering from lockups on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 . This seems to be related to when the Mac goes into sleep mode. I have turned this off in settings and so far it has not locked up - but it is early days.
Anyone else seeing this?

Dave

The suspend/resume functionality does have issues.

A bug has been opened to track the issue.
09-08-2016, 11:38 PM
(09-08-2016 01:40 PM)alzinho Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 10:05 AM)INORI Wrote:  I appreciate your response.

1. The known issue occurs on application shutdown after audio has been played,
but is not currently playing.

The fix for this will be available in the next release.

2. There should be no functional difference between the AFSCodec and OpenHome
codec releases. To keep things simple only a pre-built AFSCodec release is
available. (The main difference is the licensing restrictions on the OpenHome
MP3/AAC codecs).

I'm not quite clear if the radio Radio issues in relation to a pre-built release or
one built locally.

The pre-built release has optional features/codecs enabled and a set of
test TuneIn/Qobuz/Tidal keys defined.

When building locally these features need to be enabled manually either
as parameters to the MakeRelase.pl script or by manually editing OptionalFeatures.h

For Radio MP3/AAC must be enabled and a TUNEIN partner ID supplied.

Hope this helps.

Anyone else seeing this?

Dave

The suspend/resume functionality does have issues.

A bug has been opened to track the issue.

Hi alzinho.
Thanks for help.

1 & 2 . Now, I can't playback ALAC format at AFCodec, so I have hopes the next ohPlayer release.

Cheers. Shy
29-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Hi

I know this is an older thread, but I seem to be having the same issues.

I have the ohplayer 1.0.6 installed on both MacBook and MacMini.
On the Macbook it works flawlessly, but on the MacMini the program crashes randomly. Sometimes it can play for 1-2 hours and sometimes only 20 min.

When this happens the music stops and the ohplayer can not be closed. The rainbow circle comes on. Have to kill the program in "Activity monitor"

I can not see why the program works with the MacBook but not the MacMini.

Any known troubleshooting for this?

Thank you
02-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Hi again

As a follow up on the above, I have tested the setup a little bit more.

The MacMini is connected to my main stereo, and is still crashing no matter what I try, both optical and USB dac. I tried connecting the MacBook to the my main stereo with optical and then the program crashes on the MacBook as well. But using the build in speakers I have had the program running for several days. Seems like there is a bug in the audio converting.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thank you.