Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
volume control greyed out
29-07-2016, 11:57 PM
volume control greyed out
Hi, Guys and Gals, could anybody help me. I installed the last version of openhome player on my pi with jesse in combination with a cirrus logic audio card.
Everything functions except the volume control is greyed out. open home makes a statement that its unavailable. How can I make it available.
thanks..
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: volume control greyed out
The ohPlayer does not have a volume control of its own; it receives input from the Control Point. Which Control Point software are you using? It may not be compatible with OpenHome, which is an extension of the standard UPnP AV (and therefore DLNA) feature and control set.

David
31-07-2016, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 11:41 PM by bernfeld.)
Thanks for your input but I do not think that would solve it (correct control point). I am using either Kazoo and or Kinsky. I basically have the same setup with a hifiberry/rpi combo. There everything functions all right. Let me make it clear: openhome-player states it clearly while being started on the pi
"openhome-player:1397 warning: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.Service.Unknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .services. files
using Subnet 192.168.0.0
Volume Control Unavailable
Zonehandler"
hereafter starts the OHM SENDER and everything is perfectly normal.
tidal, tunein, qobuz all fine. from crappy mp3, to 24/192 flac. The only thing that doesn't function is volume control.

Any help in solving this would be very helpful. I cannot imagine nobody has experienced this.

thanks to all.

(31-07-2016 12:36 PM)DavidHB Wrote:  The ohPlayer does not have a volume control of its own; it receives input from the Control Point. Which Control Point software are you using? It may not be compatible with OpenHome, which is an extension of the standard UPnP AV (and therefore DLNA) feature and control set.

David
08-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Hi,

The player will only advertise volume control capability if it finds a suitable sound mixer element on the default card.

Currently the accepted element names are "Digital", "PCM", "Master".

To check for the name in your environment:

1. Fire up alsamixer.
2. If your card isn't the default select it by hitting F6
3: In the Playback screen look for the name beside "Item"

NB. If alsamixer does not offer the ability to modify the volume then the player
will not support it.
15-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Ok, I am just back from vacation. Thanks for your input, will try out tomorrow.

(08-08-2016 04:12 PM)alzinho Wrote:  Hi,

The player will only advertise volume control capability if it finds a suitable sound mixer element on the default card.

Currently the accepted element names are "Digital", "PCM", "Master".

To check for the name in your environment:

1. Fire up alsamixer.
2. If your card isn't the default select it by hitting F6
3: In the Playback screen look for the name beside "Item"

NB. If alsamixer does not offer the ability to modify the volume then the player
will not support it.