Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Headless ubuntu version
29-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Headless ubuntu version
Hi all,

My audio setup is such that I have 2 amplifiers for 2 zones connected to the same PC (USB and optical).

In order to make that work, I use Docker to separate the two openhome-players. However, in docker, it is a litteral pain to implement GUI desktop. Therefore I'd like to try and compile OpenHome player for Ubuntu without GTK.

Has this been done before (is it even possible) ? Are there any information you could give me to help me with this ?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Headless ubuntu version
(29-11-2016 09:59 AM)Shujaa Wrote:  Therefore I'd like to try and compile OpenHome player for Ubuntu without GTK.

Has this been done before (is it even possible) ? Are there any information you could give me to help me with this ?

Hi,

This is not currently supported by the build scripts, but should be easily achievable

- Import the make rules pertaining DISABLE_GTK from the raspbian makefile
into the Ubuntu makefile.
- Add DISABLE_GTK=0 to your regular make options

Optionally
- Update MakeRelease.pl to allow '--headless' for the ubuntu platform.
- Specify '--headless' when building for Ubuntu.
30-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Hi Alzinho,

Thanks for your answer !

I did manage to compile a working version, by deleting the #if GTK #endif sections. I'm waiting for my Qobuz Application ID to compile a fully functional server before I cleanup the code to submit the changes.
I'm also building a docker recipe to run openhome-player in a container.

Are you interested in getting those changes to add them to the repo ? The docker part ?

Cheers,
30-11-2016, 12:41 PM
(30-11-2016 12:02 PM)Shujaa Wrote:  Are you interested in getting those changes to add them to the repo ? The docker part ?

Hi,

Glad you got things going.

I think the docker stuff is a bit out of scope for us at the moment.
So I wouldn't be looking to add ti to the repo.
05-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Hi Alzinho,

I'm having some trouble getting my Qobuz API key...

Do you think you could compile the headless version for ubuntu using your openhome Qobuz API key ?
If so I would provide you with the diff/patch to compile a headless version based on the methods in this post.

Thanks,
12-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Bump ?
12-12-2016, 05:30 PM
(05-12-2016 02:29 PM)Shujaa Wrote:  Do you think you could compile the headless version for ubuntu using your openhome Qobuz API key ?

I'm afraid I can't do that for you.