Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ohPlayer build for ubuntu 16.10
09-03-2017, 02:40 PM
ohPlayer build for ubuntu 16.10
I tried to build ohPlayer for Ubuntu 16.10 (after adding loads of dev libraries) and it failed
Is there a chance someone could fix this? (Even with no missing file errors it still does not build.)

The available binaries here are for 15.10 which is more than a year old and not even a LTS release.
Thanks & regards,
Paul
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: ohPlayer build for ubuntu 16.10
Hi Paul,

Yes, that's right - the downloads page says that the latest target is built against 15.10. We'll update to 16 at some point in the not-too-distant future, but we have other higher priority tasks so I can't say exactly when that will be. In the meantime feel free to look at this - all of the source is available so it should be a case of finding which libraries have been removed or renamed in the 16.10 distribution and updating the build files.

Do you have a log identifying what failed ?

Thanks,
Pete

(09-03-2017 02:40 PM)paulw Wrote:  I tried to build ohPlayer for Ubuntu 16.10 (after adding loads of dev libraries) and it failed
Is there a chance someone could fix this? (Even with no missing file errors it still does not build.)

The available binaries here are for 15.10 which is more than a year old and not even a LTS release.
Thanks & regards,
Paul
09-03-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: ohPlayer build for ubuntu 16.10
(09-03-2017 03:07 PM)pedro Wrote:  Hi Paul,

Yes, that's right - the downloads page says that the latest target is built against 15.10. We'll update to 16 at some point in the not-too-distant future, but we have other higher priority tasks so I can't say exactly when that will be. In the meantime feel free to look at this - all of the source is available so it should be a case of finding which libraries have been removed or renamed in the 16.10 distribution and updating the build files.

Do you have a log identifying what failed ?

Thanks,
Pete

(09-03-2017 02:40 PM)paulw Wrote:  I tried to build ohPlayer for Ubuntu 16.10 (after adding loads of dev libraries) and it failed

Thanks & regards,
Paul

Attached File(s)
.txt  builderrors.txt (Size: 16.32 KB / Downloads: 6)