Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing as a headless player, help
13-11-2017, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 09:29 PM by iamjkdn.)
Installing as a headless player, help
Hello
New to this forum.
Goal is to run a renderer on headless Raspberry pi 3/Raspberry Pi zero w jessie. And then, control this renderer and stream music from a smartphone.
Also, have the abiltiy to use buttons like play, pause, next, etc on the raspberry pi itself.

With that, would like to clarify certain points
  1. Which package should be used to install on a raspberry pi3 for a headless player -> ohPipeline, ohNet, ohPlayer
    Bit confused here
    All of them say they provide a renderer
  2. If it is ohPlayer, to use as headless should the flag be set to DISABLE_GTK=1 or DISABLE_GTK=0?
    In the Readme it is written as
    Code:
    // headless (without GUI)
    if set to 1 but in the makefile.raspbian it is written as
    Code:
    Build a command line only player that has no system tray presence.
    if set to 0

I dont want gtk. Using as headless. Which value to set for the flag?

Same for USE_LIBAVCODEC=1? Which to use for native codecs?

I don't want to use mp3 or aac. Just the native ones. Interesting to note is in line 428, the error says
    Code:
    Native codecs require eith Mp3 or Aac to be enabeled
    ?
    What exactly does it mean? Do I still need mp3 or aac codec for using native codec? If distributing commercially and using native codec, licensing still needs to be paid?

And after doing make raspbian-install, what exactly is the next step? Run the MakeRelease.pl?
    Is it going to generate a deb package to install using dpkg? So will that auto configure to start the service everytime on boot?
    Basically, any other setting after that?

If what I have understood is correct, then just using a control point from Android is the final step to start playing music?
  3. If it is ohNet, is there any option to supply to the make before install? Like which binding to use, or for which platform to generate?
  4. If it is ohPipeline, is the dest-platform flag be set to Core-armv6
    It also asks about ohNet? Is this to be built before ohPipeline? What is the application here?
  5. Will I require to code in C++ anywhere? Since goal is for a simple renderer? If coding is required, if I am guessing maybe to control from hardware buttons, which package to choose which will allow with Javascript or Python only -> ohNet, ohPlayer or ohPipeline?

Newbie, thats why so much to ask. I am curious.
Find all posts by this user