Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sheeva Network Plug
07-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Sheeva Network Plug
Which model of ARM Sheeva Network are you using for ARM testing?

Thought I may as well pick one up from here:

http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=5

I'm guessing that this will allow me to start running some pre-Beta ohNet code and hence start developing apps onto of it.

Thanks,

Rik
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2011, 01:50 PM
RE: Sheeva Network Plug
(07-07-2011 01:26 PM)rik Wrote:  Which model of ARM Sheeva Network are you using for ARM testing?

Hi Rik

We're using a mix of basic and esata sheevas. We've been buying from NewIT too.

I'd recommend you try a similar model to ours but you should be safe using any other model if you have a strong preference.

Please note that while you can run ohNet code on Sheeva, you aren't limited to using one. Builds on Linux or Windows desktops will work perfectly too; Mac is also a possibility but the builds here are still at alpha level.

Let us know how you get on.
07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Ok,

May build a Linux VM to run under OS-X? Do you have a minimum Linux kernel - thinking of a DSL variant.

Once I've played I'll get a Sheeva. (As will be spending this months toy fund on K-DS upgrade - but that's another forum).

Rik
08-07-2011, 09:58 AM
(07-07-2011 02:40 PM)rik Wrote:  Ok,

May build a Linux VM to run under OS-X? Do you have a minimum Linux kernel - thinking of a DSL variant.

We've been running Debian or Ubuntu with various 2.6.x kernel versions. Our OS dependencies are pretty simple so I'd imagine you'd be fine with other versions too.

If you do want to run a different version and hit problems, ohNet's Linux dependencies are all in ohnet/Upnp/Os/Posix/Os.c
08-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks Simon,

Looking for simplest possible Linus distro so I can make a bootable CD for testing etc.

Rik