Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error handling for sync invocations in Java
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
RE: Error handling for sync invocations in Java
(01-12-2011 09:05 AM)simonc Wrote:  The most reliable way to retrieve a stack trace would be to debug it using visual studio. Your abort popup should include an option to launch a debugger at the point of the assertion failure. Once visual studio has launched, select Debug -> Windows -> Call stack for the stack trace.

Its also possible that you'll get a stack trace written to the console if you continue running beyond the initial assertion failed message.

I tried Abort, Retry and Ignore (on separate runs) and none of these gave me a stack trace on the console. I don't currently have Visual Studio installed on my test server machine. The disk is quite full so I'll need to do some reorganization there.

Although I can install Visual Studio (at the cost of a little inconvenience), it clearly isn't something that I could ask a user of my software to do if they had a problem like this. Would it be possible to add code to ohNet to print the stack trace information in the event of this kind of problem?
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error handling for sync invocations in Java - simoncn - 01-12-2011 09:53 AM