Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error handling for sync invocations in Java
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 04:58 PM by simonc.)
RE: Error handling for sync invocations in Java
(01-12-2011 02:48 PM)simoncn Wrote:  I tried debugging the exception using Visual Studio. It was easy enough to see the stack trace in the pulldown, but I couldn't find a way to copy and paste it. In the end I was able to do this (very painfully) by using PrtSc and stitching three images together in Paint. I could attach it here, but I have the impression that you already know what it is. For future reference, I'd be interested to know if there's any better way to do this copy and paste.

It sounds a bit like you were using the list of running threads. You can also make a separate window showing a call stack for the current thread visible. This allows the full stack to be copied/pasted in a single operation.

You can make this window visible from the Debug -> Windows -> Call stack menu option. (Note that you have to be running in the debugger for this to be visible.) Its possible that this window will be docked into the same area as a list of running threads so you might have to select a different tab (at the bottom of the thread list) to see the call stack.
(30-11-2011 05:02 PM)simoncn Wrote:  I tried the latest code (pulled down today so that I would get the proxy change as well) and I'm sorry to say that the situation is worse than previously. When I pull out the network cable on the server, there's an immediate abort pop-up with a console message:

ERROR: Recursive lock attempted on mutex DMSL from thread ____
Assertion failed. OpenHome/Thread.cpp:89

I've committed changes which should deal with this. All being well, they'll make it onto github this evening.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error handling for sync invocations in Java - simonc - 01-12-2011 04:51 PM