Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error handling for sync invocations in Java
02-12-2011, 05:15 PM
RE: Error handling for sync invocations in Java
(02-12-2011 04:16 PM)simonc Wrote:  While it'd be preferable for the device list to automatically handle this case, note that you can handle it in client code without restarting the cp stack. You should be able to listen for changes in available subnets and manually select a previously active subnet when it reappears. (Sorry, I'm not sure of the Java APIs for this off-hand.)

If you're referring to the following fields in InitParams:
SubnetListChangedListener
SubnetAddedListener
SubnetRemovedListener
the setter functions for these are commented out in the Java version of InitParams (along with a few other InitParams fields). I presume this means that it isn't currently possible to recover from this situation if the control point is written in Java.

I'm tempted to have a go at adding the missing code if it would solve this problem. Before I do this, I'd like to clarify what it means when a client gets a "subnet added", "subnet removed" or "subnet list changed" event. If I unplug or replug the server, I wouldn't expect this to change the available subnets for the client, as the only effect has been to remove or add a single server device. Could you expand on this a little more, please?

Simon
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error handling for sync invocations in Java - simoncn - 02-12-2011 05:15 PM