Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keeping connections alive over control point suspend/resume
19-01-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Keeping connections alive over control point suspend/resume
(19-01-2012 10:37 AM)graham Wrote:  simoncn,

Maybe I'm missing something but you seem to be expecting your control point to successfully manage suspend/resume using the API of ohNet alone. ohNet does not currently have this feature. On Windows and Mac it is a matter of coincidence that it is possible to write control points that successfully handle suspend/resume merely using the subnetListChanged functionality that is part of ohNet. Apparently this coincidence does not extend to Linux.

I have agreed with Simon that we should have the long-term goal of adding suspend/resume handling to ohNet itself. But for the time being it looks like you will need to write application level handlers for suspend/resume that receive these events from the OS directly.

Graham

Actually my original question at the start of this thread was seeking to understand what the ohNet stack does (and doesn't do) in these circumstances, so that I could take appropriate action in my application to ensure that connectivity isn't lost. This exchange has been very helpful in providing me with this information, and I believe that I now have suitable code in my application to take care of this situation on all platforms.

Simon
Find all posts by this user